Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Clear Channel Hegemony

It surprises me (perhaps it shouldn't) when I talk to people about Clear Channel and they have never heard of the radio giant. So I found a good series of articles posted at Salon outlining the concerns about Clear Channel:

Salon Magazine's Series on Clear Channel's Tactics

Also check out Harper's recent cover story:

Big World: How Clear Channel Programs America

Harper's is one of the best print magazines that is inexpensive and easily available, so I would prefer that Americans buy it (thus I won't post the article), but if you are reading this outside the U.S. where you have difficulty finding it let me know if you would like to read the article and I'll see what I can do.

More reports on Clear Channel:

Clear Channel Politics

CorpWatch's Article on Clear Channel

Wired News on Clear Channel

Clear Channel Stumbles

Of course I would be remiss if I didn't supply Clear Channel in their own words:

Clear Channel's Website

Clear Channel's Radio Stations

Clear Channel's Education and Museum Exhibits

Clear Channel Outdoors

Clear Channel Entertainment

Clear Channel United Kingdom

Clear Channel Italy

Clear Channel SE

Of course this is just the tip of the iceberg...

No comments: