Saturday, April 16, 2005

Lisa Lambert: GodAssault

GodAssault: Morality as the Ultimate Game
By Lisa Lambert
Mother Jones

Introduction by Tom Engelhardt

Every spring, I spend many weeks at the Graduate School of Journalism at the University of California in Berkeley teaching young journalists. I essentially become an editor to a group of them for a semester. They are always immensely lively and invariably produce pieces that surprise me. Though I get paid for this, I should really pay someone for the essential pleasure of working with young writers.

Below, you'll find the first of two pieces I'll be posting that came out of my class. Lisa Lambert offers what to my mind is an original (and personal) vision of the President's "moral" voters. Her piece will also appear this Sunday in the San Francisco Chronicle's Insight section.

To Read the Essay

No comments: