Monday, December 05, 2005

New Film Adaptation of Philip K. Dick's A Scanner Darkly



I cannot believe it! Someone (actually Steven Soderbergh/George Clooney, et al are producing and Richard Linklater is directing) has finally decided to go through with adapting Philip K. Dick's novel A Scanner Darkly...



I don't know though, I'm not a big fan of this "live action photograph overlay" technique that Linklater favors (see "Waking Life"):

Trailers



A report from the Philip K. Dick trust:

A Scanner Darkly: Film Adaptation



Can anyone though truly bring to life the true subtext of this powerful pulp novel. Philip K. Dick's exploration of the incestous, symbiotic relationship of chaos/order, law/crime, yin/yang, and so on and the reproduction of this destructive/creative duality within us all... even more disturbing for some may be the conclusion that we all have that dark side and feed it one way or another. Mind your addictions folks...

1 comment:

Rainbow Demon said...

This is great news...
I Love Philip K Dick...

"The Man In The High Castle" was one of my favorites in H.S.

Let's see if they can do "Scanner" justice in Hollywood. I'll keep my doubts to myself, for now...

Peace,
=RD=