Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Led Zeppelin: Over the Hills and Far Away

"Over the Hills and Far Away" by Led Zeppelin

  • Just got the new triple disc live set "How the West Was Won" that Jimmy Page put together from the 1972 Led Zeppelin shows on the West Coast of the USA. Remastered and released (other than bootlegs) for the first time... as a teen I was obssessed with LZ so much that when I got older I put their music aside for awhile--this amazing, powerful collection will probably set me off on a new LZ kick ;)





    2 comments:

    bobby said...

    The HTWWW collection is fantastic. Even better is the 'Led Zeppelin DVD' released in 2003, at the same time as the triple disc cd. The DVD contains over 5 hours of stunning Zeppelin concert footage never before released. Digitally remastered, it's sonically and visually superb. I'm an advertising executive in my late 40's and I realized long ago(along with many millions of others), that I will be a Zeppelin fan for life. You don't outgrow the greatest rock music ever made, any more than we should stop listening to Bach or Mozart because it's old music. Anyway, if you have not checked out the DVD, I highly recommend it.

    Michael said...

    Thanks for the comment Bobby--I'll scheck it out!