Friday, July 28, 2006

Films in Lexington This Week

(Any opinions if you have seen them? The good thing about being a film professor is that this is work for me! Anyone in the local area interested in checking out one of these films feel free to contact me--the more viewpoints the better, or if you want to write reviews of films that you see feel free to contact me at the Bluegrass Film Society)

Lady Vengeance
Trailer





Hard Candy
Trailer



Water
Trailer



Clerks II
Trailer



This film has not yet been released, but I read Augusten Burroughs very strange memoir (well actually my friend read most of it to me--with me taking over when she was tired--a truly great literary experience to read a book you are both interested in out loud to each other, the book inspired great discussions and looks of amazement at the very strange events of his early life). From the trailers it looks like they have made a great effort to bring the book to the big screen, I wonder if they will just focus on the quirky/absurd, or if they will also bring into play the very disturbing psycho-sexual-addictive aspects of the book:

Running With Scissors
Trailer

1 comment:

Susannity said...

My husband and I read Crime and Punishment to each other in the tub over a few weeks. I was usually sound asleep in 5 minutes hehe.