Thursday, January 28, 2010

Howard Zinn: 1922 - 2010

I am truly devastated to hear that Howard Zinn has died. He was a fundamental thinker/historian/teacher in my development as an activist/citizen/teacher. He will be missed... and he will be with me always when I work in my community, when I teach my classes, when I write my own histories, and when I protest injustice.

San Francisco Chronicle: 'People's History' author Howard Zinn dies at 87

Democracy Now: Archive of Howard Zinn

Howard Zinn: Democratic Education

Howard Zinn: Holy Wars

Zinn Education Project

Dan Simon: Howard Zinn Coming of Age

The People Speak trailer


Ziga Vodovnik: An Interview with Howard Zinn on Anarchism

Seeing Red Radio: The US Constitution and the Rebellion that Shaped It, Pt. 1

Bill Moyers Journal: Howard Zinn -- The People Speak

Dave Zirin: The People Speak -- When Television Makes History

Peace and Conflict Studies: Howard Zinn Archive

1 comment:

Stewart said...

I just heard about Howard Zinn's passing.
Thank you Mr Dialogic for exposing so many young and old minds to his work.

Keep on Keeping on,
Stewart

I've put some other articles about Howard and a email I received from the Rethinking Schools folks here:
http://stewart-is-on.blogspot.com/2010/01/howard-zinn-1922-january-27-2010-i-just.html