Sunday, November 06, 2005

Looking for a Reviewer of "Hershmanlandia: Art and Films of Lynn Hershman Leeson"

This exhibit is in Seattle at the Henry Art Gallery from November 5 - January 29. I am looking for a reviewer for the journal Reconstruction. If you are interested get my email out of the profile and send me a message, or, leave a comment below with your email:

Hershmanlandia: Art and Films of Lynn Hershman Leeson



From the introduction:

For thirty-five years, San Francisco artist and filmmaker Lynn Hershman Leeson has explored vision, spectacle, spectatorship, and their roles in the construction of sexed subjectivity. With Hershmanlandia: The Art and Films of Lynn Hershman Leeson, the Henry Art Gallery will present the first major survey of this important American artist.

Prolifically expressed in drawings, paintings, photographs, performances, robotic works, digital art, videos, films, interactive multimedia installations, and artificial intelligence works, Hershman Leeson's project of self-analysis and self-mythification multiplies and refracts fictional identities through her artwork to the point of exploding any stable notion of identity. The trajectory of her work provides a vivid artistic mirror of issues related to fragmented human subjectivity in our time.

2 comments:

Susannity said...

Why I happen to be in Seattle... =) However, I couldn't write a review of art. My husband's family are the artists, I'm just a schmuck who either likes or doesn't like a certian piece hehe. But I will try to go check it out.

Susannity said...

Why I happen to be in Seattle... =) However, I couldn't write a review of art. My husband's family are the artists, I'm just a schmuck who either likes or doesn't like a certian piece hehe. But I will try to go check it out.