Friday, January 28, 2005

Carlos Castenada and Paul Williams

(Thanks to Cyndy at Mouse Musings who posted these words when I needed to read them--and to Rob a new friend from the Chuck Prophet concert last night who told me the same thing)

When one has nothing to lose, one becomes courageous.
We are timid only when there is something we can still cling to.
Carlos Castaneda

Possessiveness is a form of doubt.
People cling to what they (think they) have because
they doubt that they're worthy of it.
If they knew their own worth,
they'd know there is no need to cling.
Paul Williams

4 comments:

WebGuy said...

Thanks for posting, good things to remember.

Michael said...

and thanks for your considerate replies to my comments to the ribbit posts at your site

peace

Cyndy said...

I hope they helped. I've had the Paul Williams quote for years and just ran across the Castenada quote. They worked well together in my mind. Always worth going back to when you need to breath! (actually better to give to the suffocating source)

Michael said...

Cyndy who is Paul Williams?