Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Susanne Antonetta: Language Garden

I watched the documentary Why Dogs Smile and Chimpanzees Cry? last night and then came across this essay this morning while eating breakfast. I recommend them both for some insight into the (obvious to me) fact that animals have emotions as humans understand them and have the ability to communicate through language. Perhaps its not the animals who haven't evolved, but us humans who cannot take the simple step to recognize the dignity and rights of our fellow beings?

Language Garden: Does an Orangutan Find Freedom in the Gift of Words? Do We?

2 comments:

La Madre said...

thanks, I added the film to my wishlist. will see if the library has it.

Michael said...

Your welcome--thanks for the Intelligence Inc. link at your site!