#169 Money Talks
Common Sense with Dan Carlin
A Supreme Court decision involving campaign finance has Dan thinking about ways to level the Free Speech playing field. He also interviews Jackie Salit of independenttvoting.org and the Neo-Independent Magazine.
1. U.S. Supreme Court case "United v. Federal Election Commission" Justice Stevens' Dissenting Opinion
2. "Court Ruling Invites a Boom in Political Ads" by Brian Stelter for The New York Times, January 25, 2010.
3. "The Corporate States of America" by E.J. Dionne for The Washington Post, January 24, 2010.
4. "41 industry leaders call on Congress to halt corporate 'bribery' " by The Raw Story, January 26, 2010.
5. "Lobbyist gift limit survives" by the Eugene Register-Guard Editorial Staff, January 5, 2010.
To Listen to the Episode