Tuesday, August 16, 2005

300-400 ft Waterfall Discovered in Whiskeytown, California

Wes and I discussed this while floating down the Kentucky River yesterday, looking for a lost cave that Wes had found when he was younger. The discovery of this waterfall inspires me because it reminds me that there is still much in our environment that hasn't been mapped out and marked down, yet it also makes me sad because it is one less wonder that is hidden from civilization:



Finding a Waterfall in the Middle of Nowhere

Hidden Waterfall in California

1 comment:

The Continental Op said...

I love the fact that this waterfall is in "Whiskeytown". It reminds me of a line from the song "Big Rock Candy Mountain": "There's a lake of stew and of whisky too, you can paddle all around 'em in a big canoe".