Thursday, October 20, 2005

Websites of the Day: October 20th

Melody Berger's F-Word Ezine has both non-fiction and fiction, with a global scope, and perspectives that are refreshingly unique.

Jodi Dean is a professor of political theory and an author of many books (I've read her edited collection Cultural Studies and Political Theory, but based on her writings on her weblog I want to very much tackle some of her other books.) Her weblog I Cite is a fascinating combination of writings on her intellectual pursuits, cultural interests and political observations.

Mary McDonald's Weltatem usually has one or two daily posts. Lately she has been writing about her travels around the world and posting on various global and national issues that interest her. What strikes me as important about her posts is that she always draws connections beyond the immediate context of the subject she is considering (connections that are original and make sense). I have found myself lately visiting her site on a daily basis.

I cannot get enough of Global Voices so it is now the homepage on my college office computer and I'm thinking about developing a writing project for my composition students based upon papers/research derived from explorations of the global voices postings. A hearty thanks to the host and contributors of this site!

No comments: