Sunday, June 12, 2005

Brainwashing Camp For Gay Kids

(Tennesse Guerilla Woman originally posted this at Feminist Blogs)

The leader of the camp "Love in Action":

"I would rather you commit suicide than have you leave Love In Action wanting to return to the gay lifestyle. In a physical death you could still have a spiritual resurrection; whereas, returning to homosexuality you are yielding yourself to a spiritual death from which there is no recovery."

Read More About Zack's Imprisonment

Former Client of Love in Action Speaks Out

Queer Action Coalition is a blog set up to fight these ministries.

Zack's Blog which stops on the last day nefore he was sent to the camp.

Local Memphis, TN news report on Love in Action:

Scared Straight

Ded Space with some thoughts on the Zach situation

4 comments:

Susannity said...

Ratboy's Anvil just recently posted on a study of fruit flies where they were able to change one part of the gene sequence and make females court females and act just like a male in their mating rituals.

they'd rather have them commit suicide huh? my sick stomach tells me they will probably get their wish sometimes... what a sad species we can be sometimes.

Michael said...

Unfortunately the suicide rate amongst young homosexuals is very high and no doubt is a result of the unwillingness of their elders/society to come to terms with their very natural sexual desires.

Once again I am left pondering why anyone would be against pleasure and love (as long as it isn't hurting someone).

I'm also starting to lean toward Laura Kipnis' views on the impulse behind societal regulations and designations (such as marriage) as the foundation of controlling the masses.

Susannity said...

I have pondered that as well, but I'm still not sure how it 'controls the masses'. I will do some research on Laura's view to see if that can shed some light for me. I do believe marriage is a beneficial social structure, but from my view, it can be the marriage of any 2 persons. I do believe religious doctrine is what hurts the gay marriage issue, but I'm sure there are other interests I have not considered.

Michael said...

Think about it, at one of the most basic levels of who we love and who we wish to spend the rest of our lives with, we have to turn to a governing body in order for society to recognize us as an "official" couple--likwise we have to plead with this governing body in order to dissolve this relationship--even when both parties wish it to be over?

To me this is not necessary...