Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Edmon Castell: Ciudad [In]Visible

From: Edmon Castell edmon.castell@idct.gov.co

My name is Edmon Castell. I am a Geographer and Museologist and, since 2003, I have been working as exhibit's curator at Museo de Bogotá (Bogota Museum or City Musem of Bogota), Colombia. I send this message because we are putting together an exhibit about "La Exposición de 1910" entitled "La ciudad de la luz. Bogotá y la Exposición de 1910".

We want to explore and explain some ideas about the meaning of National & International Exhibits from the XIX Century. We see these events as creating a new social space for many countries where a range of issues played out; like the problem of emulation and assimilation of industry, new urban models for the cities, the construction of territorial history and national memory from the publics monuments, and defining "orientalism," among others.

I send this e-mail to the H-Urban community because I'm searching for others studies, books, ideas about this topic (The National & International Exhibits).

Of course, I'll agree all colaborations in two ways: Puting their names in the credits of this exhibit and catalogue exhibit and, also, with an electronic copy of exhibit catalogue. You can see an example of this at:

Ciudad [In]Visible

Many thanks
Edmon Castell
Museo de Bogotá

No comments: