(Our new issue is now available)
Reconstruction 8.2: Cartoons
Cartoons Issue Publication Announcement
Reconstruction: Studies in Contemporary Culture
Reconstruction: Studies in Contemporary Culture is proud to announce the publication of Vol. 8, No. 2, 2008: Cartoons, guest edited by Davin Heckman. Featured in the issue:
* Davin Heckman, "Suspended Animation: Meditations on the Time and Space of the Moving Image"
* Ngwarsungu Chiwengo, "Memory, Ideology, and Exile: J. M Kibushi's Mwana Mboka"
* Joanne Knowles, "The Simpsons and the Nuclear Family"
* Sean Chadwell, "Technological Determinism and the Poisoned Apple: The Case of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs"
* Paul Ward, "Animated realities: the animated film, documentary, realism"
* Laurie Cubbison, "Not just for children's television: Anime and the changing editing practices of American television networks"
* Matthew Diebler, "'Thank Goodness He-Man Showed Up': Hypermasculine Cultural Posturing and the Token Women of 80s Animated Action Teams"
Reconstruction: Studies in Contemporary Culture (ISSN: 1547-4348) is an innovative cultural studies journal dedicated to fostering an intellectual community composed of scholars and their audience, granting them all the ability to share thoughts and opinions on the most important and influential work in contemporary interdisciplinary studies. Reconstruction publishes one open issue and three themed issues quarterly.
Reconstruction is indexed in the MLA International Bibliography.
Reconstruction continuously accepts submissions for its annual open issue, and is now accepting submissions for the following upcoming themed issues:
* The Avant-Garde as Critical Practice (August 15, 2008)
Please consult Submission Guidelines for all submission requirements, and Call for Papers for individual CFP requirements and guest editor contact information.
Reconstruction is always interested in proposals for future themed issues. If interested in proposing a themed issue, please consult FAQ for Prospective Guest Editors and contact Reconstruction Managing Editor for further information.
All submissions and submission queries should be written care of reconstruction.submissions_at_gmail.com.