(a simple exercise that should be repeated often)
1. What I contribute to my communities
2. My love (you know who you are :)
3. My job--hell, it consumes so much time, it better be worth it.
4. Respect of my family--multilayered, biological and communal, they all are important and their opinions mean a lot to me.
5. Friends that are honest, playful, and creative
6. Reading a book, or watching a film, or listening to music (that hits my body/soul like a tuning fork, but, instead of tuning me, it shifts my consciousness)
7. Guerilla Gardening (nod to Marchman and Mayer)
8. A message/letter from someone I miss (I know I'm difficult to get a hold of, but it makes my day and I think about when I can find the time to return the favor)
9. My very crazy cats (Marcus and Cleopatra) that keep me from settling down when I get home.
10. Any opportunity to hike...
11. Good food either shared communally or made by loving restaurants like Sahara/Enza's/Stella's/Al's/Alfalfa's
12. Live performances (even moreso when I helped bring it about)
14. Belgian Beer and funky microbrewed ones
15. Cooperative/independent ventures of all types
16. Critical/Geopolitical Theory/History
17. Thunderstorms and Beaches and rushing rivers and fountains (I like water making noises!)
18. Guilty pleasure--I like to drive, even though I try to walk as much as possible...
19. Science Fiction (especially when it has the sensibility of #16)
20. Browsing bookstores and hanging out in coffeehouses.