Sunday, January 21, 2007

I Hope God (if there is one or many) Has Better Things Than to Ensure Football Victories

Just a thought after watching the owner of the Indianapolis Colts and the head coach successfully credit their amazing (it was a great, riveting game) victory to god/lord (I wonder which one?). I wonder how that makes the talented, dedicated and heroic (you would have to have seen the game--as anyone knows I usually slam on pro sports, but this team was really impressive when it counted) players feel?

Just hoping, with all that is going on in the world, that if there is a god/gods that they are busy doing other things than ensuring that the Indianapolis Colts are winning their football games.

Amen!

6 comments:

Brainwise said...

I would imagine that the old gods of games of chance and competition now watch over athletes ... and grammy award winners. ;)

Michael said...

ha, yeah they have do something now that they are neglected... now where did that love god/goddess go...

Anonymous said...

Where did she go??? I kidnapped her, you mortal fool!

Zuez :-P

Michael said...

Zuez,

I have a muses ... could we work out an exchange for awhile...

Anonymous said...

HMMMMMM....muses??? Plural??? For one Love Goddess?? I'll think it over as i am trying to de-goddessfy her.

Zuez

Michael said...

Sorry Cratos/Erato is not a part of the bargain because she is the eros-inspiration and that is a part of the whole "love" thing...

I'm also trying to carve out an epic narrative, so Calliope is also needed as inspiration.

The other six though are open for discussion...

How does one de-goddessfy the personification/deity of Love?