Sunday, January 21, 2007

My Tarot Card Reading

This summer when I was camping, my good friend Paul did a tarot reading for me and these were the cards... I have been meditating on these for the last six months and this was my interpretation of the cards...

Past: Trust
Dealing with trust issues. Fear and anxiety as a result--learning to come to terms with what I experienced and moving past them to a new way of thinking and being.

Present: Abundance
Recognizing the abundance and possibilities of life. Recognizing the potential of now, living in the moment, recognizing what I have now.

Future: Past Lives
Developing a holistic outlook, piecing together the fragments, self-actualization. Remembering/recognizing the past, considering the future, in order to live productively now.

Meditative Card: Courage

This card blew me away. It is the quality I am searching for ... the courage to be a good man, the courage to be a good example as a teacher, the courage to love others, the courage to be myself and let others also be who they will be (not try to force them to be what i think they should be), the courage to deal with dissapointments, the courage to be honest and forthright, the courage to confront injustice and cruelty, the courage to develop my spiritual/creative side, and the courage to live productively.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is Tarot?
Tarot (also known as Tarock, Tarokk, Taroky, Taroc, Tarok, Tarocchi and similar names) is a family of trick taking card games played with an enlarged deck of 78 cards which include an extra court card for each of the four regular suits, a permanent trump suit of 21 cards, and a kind of "wild card" called "the Fool" or "Excuse." Although seen primarily by many as a means of fortune telling or divination, the Tarot deck was created in northern Italy during the 15th century for playing card games. The notion of a trump suit which survives in such popular card games as Spades and Bridge originated with the game of Tarot.

The myth of Egyptian origins of Tarot, while once common, has long been debunked by later scholars. There is also no record of Tarot cards being used for the occult or divination prior to the 18th century. The Tarot card readings popular at Renaissance Fairs are a creative license taken with historical fact and should not be viewed as authentic. Contrary to popular belief, conventional playing cards were not derived from Tarot decks and the Fool is unrelated to the Joker of conventional playing cards. The Joker was created in the USA during the 19th century originally for the card game Euchre.

Michael said...

Wikipedia on the Tarot... Oudler, I'm not asking that you believe... just that it was interesting the cards that were dealt to me and what they came to signify for me.

Susannity said...

I am not a 'believer' of the mystical sides of Tarot, but I believe that it can be a fun tool for introspection. I believe anything that helps one to look at who they are, what they are doing, and what they want to do with their life is a good thing. Whether it's tarot cards, standing amongst redwood trees, or finding a penny, if it helps you to stop and evaluate, we should be happy there are many different prompters for us all.

Anonymous said...

My purpose is not to bash divination nor defend it. I think there needs to be more articles in the media on Tarot based solely on the best evidence using sources independent of those selling tarot decks or tarot reading services and also sources independent of the "Jack Chick" school of fire and brimstone Christianity. The media do not do their homework on Tarot.