Saturday, November 04, 2006

Sad, So Sad

The self hatred, the repression, the need to put on a front and eradicate what one desires. I wish we lived in a more open society, one that didn't value puritanical mores in their leaders. We all desire, we all need, who cares what shape or form it takes as long as it is between consenting adults... sad, so sad... in a world full of violence, dischord, hatred, why would anyone care if two consenting adults find happiness, for moment, for a awhile, or for ever.

I'm trying to be still these days--think and reflect--not be the angry person that my society wants me to be--this is one thing that makes me rage, ok the war is another (anyone who knows me, hears this often), but why do we in a democratic society continue to discriminate against people based upon their sexual orientation?

I'm not angry, I feel pity, he so hated who he was that he had to eradicate it

"The fact is I am guilty of sexual immorality. And I take responsibility for the entire problem. I am a deceiver and a liar. There's a part of my life that is so repulsive and dark that I have been warring against it for all of my adult life," he said.


Ousted evangelist confesses to followers

Such self-loathing that he felt he must persecute and oppress those that have the same desires as him...

Fired Evangelist Slams Gays in Jesus Camp

Even as he falls, he remains in denial of himself, and other evangelical leaders bury their heads in the sand (I feel sorry for the members' anguish over Haggard's deception, but the evangelical leaders continue to incite hatred and discrimination):

ABC Video Report: Fall From Grace

sad, so sad

please vote this tuesday and search down in your soul and think about what a democracy could be

3 comments:

Susannity said...

It's funny, I was having a debate about religion and politics with someone the other day. They are against gay marriage (gays in general actually) and hate liberals for giving entitlements to the masses, etc. This person is extremely religious and labels himself a republican.
The idea of legislating morality is so un-republican I can not understand how republicans can push for it. Do they not understand what a democratic republic's ideals are? And the issue of 'entitlements' - are these not supportive of Jesus' teachings of helping our fellow man? Compassion?
I really truly do not understand the disconnect.

Michael said...

me neither... there are a lot of republicans who do not support these policies (just like the progressive Christians I have been referring to and linking to over the last couple of years)... perhaps its time for another revolution in their party as well.

I know the democrats are ripe for a progressive takeover--pretty depressing that they can't make me excited about voting for them in this political climate... its almost an act of desperation this time.

...but then I'm just a cranky independent...

Susannity said...

many times it does feel like a choice between the lesser of two evils unfortunately.