Thursday, January 06, 2005

National Lawyers Guild: The Assault on Free Speech, Public Assembly, and Dissent

A very important document on the continuing assault on the right to demonstrate and protest. I've posted this before and I'm going to keep posting it until everyone in the US reads it, or, I overhear a citizen bring it up in daily conversation.

“The Assault on Free Speech, Public Assembly, and Dissent.” National Lawyers Guild (A National Lawyers Guild Report on Government Violations of First Amendment Rights in the United States: 2004)

Lewis Lapham also writes about the importance of this document (he also wrote the forward) in the latest issue of Harper's magazine.

2 comments:

Susannity said...

Good for you for keeping this posted. I truly believe this is one of the most important issues Americans need to be addressing.

Michael said...

Thanks Susanne--I used it in my courses last semster and hopefully I can again this semester.

I agree, this is one of the most important issues that we are facing (and ignoring) as a nation.