Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Joke of the Day

(courtesy of Juno Levy)

An old Jewish man lived alone in the country. He wanted to dig his potato garden but it was very laborious work as the ground was rock hard. His only son, Saul, who used to help him, was in prison for Insider Trading and Stock Fraud. The old man wrote his son a letter and described his predicament:

Dear Solly, I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won't be able to plant my potato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. If you were here, all my troubles would be over. I know you would dig the plot for me.
Love, Papa.


A few days later the old man received a letter from his son:

Dear Papa,
For heaven's sake Dad, don't dig up that garden, That's where I buried the money and stocks.
Love,
Solly.


At 4 am the next morning, a team of FBI agents and local police arrived at the old man's house and dug up the entire garden area without finding any money or stocks. They apologized to the old man and left. That same day the old man received another letter from his son:

Dear Papa,
Go ahead and plant the potatoes now. That's the best I could do under the circumstances.
Love,
Your son, Solly.

4 comments:

Mad Mike said...

Very good joke :)

Susannity said...

good one. =)

Michael said...

Glad you liked it--laughter, such a wonderful part of a full life. I've been missing it lately, all of us caught up in the serious side of things ... its good to seek out the mad, playful, trickster nature...

Michael said...

Lokigr,

That joke came all the way from my good cyber-friend Juno in South Africa... so if you want more jokes send me some good ones and I'll post them... I do need to lighten up more. I used to post more humorous stuff on Dialogic but the past election year kept me focused on more political issues and as you know I am working on a dissertation that also keep me focused on deep reading of heavy texts (reason for a lot of the quotes)...