Saturday, November 13, 2004

The Power of Vivisimo; The Copenhagen Free University

I'm always looking for better ways to sift through all the information circulating on the net and I recently was introduced to a new search engine (well new to me) called Vivisimo. I find it very useful because it operates with clustering technology that compile various categories that refine your search for you.

Another great find tonight is the Copenhagen Free University online library. Its a collection of radical theorists that are often hard-to-find here in the U.S. in our regular libraries.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Thivai,
Another way to acquire information is through rss feed. Would you please enable this feature in the setting of your blog?
check this:
http://dialogic.blogspot.com/atom.xml

Michael said...

Esmail,

I'm very slow on the tech side, but definitely interested, so please be patient.

What do I have to do to enable the RSS feed for people to use?

Michael said...

Harry,

Yes, I had seen this a while back, but had forgotten about it--thanks for the reminder.

Michael said...

Harry, also thanks for the search engine links--I'll try them out.

Unknown said...

In the "setting" tab of your blogger page, choose enable "atom" feed, then you can choose between the complete text or just a few words. I prefer the first.
see this:
http://yznpr.blogspot.com/atom.xml

Michael said...

Esmail,

I'm setting it up right now--thanks!

Harry,

Isn't that the feeder button that is on the right hand side by my archives?

Michael said...

Yes, I do... and once again all the help is appreciated--learning this stuff slowly...

Unknown said...

now you need an "rss reader"