Thursday, November 04, 2004

Lakshmi Chaudhry: The Unbearable Darkness of Being

Sorry folks I'm not going to get along for the good of the nation:

Alternet

An excerpt:

John Edwards was right in a way. There are two Americas: one that values tolerance, justice, and equality; the other that believes in Divine Will. But now that the Democrats lost the election – and control over every branch of government – I get to live in their America. And Carville wants me to talk to these guys? Or is he really saying that I need to be more like them? After all, it's not like I have any values that might be worth holding on to. Why not just put my silly liberal preoccupations with choice or sexual freedom aside so we can all come together as one nation – one nation under God, Guns, and (hating) Gays.


Entire Article

No comments: